Rodman to Take Part in Wife-Carrying World Champ
Former US NBA star Dennis Rodman has been reported to take part in the 2005 Wife-Carrying World Championships held in Sonkajaervi, a small lakeside town located 500 kilometres north of the Finnish capital Helsinki, Finland, on June 1-2. Just to note, Rodman's joining the champ doesn't mean that he'll soon get married. Instead he will be allowed to borrow a "wife" since he is neither married nor engaged.
Competitors vie for the championship title will have to compete in a 250-meter (yard) steeplechase in which the "wife" rides upside down on the runner's back with her legs slung over his shoulders for maximum speed. Women, who want to join, must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 49 kilograms (108 pounds) in order to qualify.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding