Rodman to Take Part in Wife-Carrying World Champ
Former US NBA star Dennis Rodman has been reported to take part in the 2005 Wife-Carrying World Championships held in Sonkajaervi, a small lakeside town located 500 kilometres north of the Finnish capital Helsinki, Finland, on June 1-2. Just to note, Rodman's joining the champ doesn't mean that he'll soon get married. Instead he will be allowed to borrow a "wife" since he is neither married nor engaged.
Competitors vie for the championship title will have to compete in a 250-meter (yard) steeplechase in which the "wife" rides upside down on the runner's back with her legs slung over his shoulders for maximum speed. Women, who want to join, must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 49 kilograms (108 pounds) in order to qualify.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media