Rodman to Take Part in Wife-Carrying World Champ
Former US NBA star Dennis Rodman has been reported to take part in the 2005 Wife-Carrying World Championships held in Sonkajaervi, a small lakeside town located 500 kilometres north of the Finnish capital Helsinki, Finland, on June 1-2. Just to note, Rodman's joining the champ doesn't mean that he'll soon get married. Instead he will be allowed to borrow a "wife" since he is neither married nor engaged.
Competitors vie for the championship title will have to compete in a 250-meter (yard) steeplechase in which the "wife" rides upside down on the runner's back with her legs slung over his shoulders for maximum speed. Women, who want to join, must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 49 kilograms (108 pounds) in order to qualify.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour