Rodman to Take Part in Wife-Carrying World Champ
Former US NBA star Dennis Rodman has been reported to take part in the 2005 Wife-Carrying World Championships held in Sonkajaervi, a small lakeside town located 500 kilometres north of the Finnish capital Helsinki, Finland, on June 1-2. Just to note, Rodman's joining the champ doesn't mean that he'll soon get married. Instead he will be allowed to borrow a "wife" since he is neither married nor engaged.
Competitors vie for the championship title will have to compete in a 250-meter (yard) steeplechase in which the "wife" rides upside down on the runner's back with her legs slung over his shoulders for maximum speed. Women, who want to join, must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 49 kilograms (108 pounds) in order to qualify.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival