DeGeneres' Talk Show Won Its 2nd Daytime Emmy
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres may feel proud as her easygoing project won Daytime Emmy award on Friday, marking its second straight. Merv Griffin has, at that time, received lifetime achievement award, while his 1960s creation "Jeopardy!," with a boost from Ken Jennings' 74-game winning streak, was honored as best game show for the tenth time.
Held at Radio City Music Hall and televised on CBS, the Daytime Emmys also among others honored Stockard Channing. Natalia Livingston of "General Hospital" and Greg Rikaart of "The Young and the Restless", in addition, won their first Emmys for supporting actors in a soap opera. Won Emmys for young actors were David Yago of "The Young and the Restless" and Eden Riegel of "All My Children."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics