Audioslave Rocks Cuba
The American metal band Audioslave will for sure held a free Friday night performance at La Tribune in Havana, Cuba. This gig has confirmed by the U.S. Treasury Department and Instituto Cubano de la Musica, both of which are part of a cultural exchange. At least 50,000 Cubans are expected to hear the band play.
Commenting on the play the band said in a statement "Kids are the same all over the world, and we are extremely proud and excited to bring rock 'n' roll to the youth of Cuba." Also they added "Music can transcend politics and this trip is proof of that." A portion of the gig will air simultaneously in New York City's Times Square on ABC's SuperSign.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass