Lil' Kim Sued for Failing to Pay Vocalists
Rapper Lil' Kim is facing a 20 years in prison after she's been sued by two singer-songwriters who claim she failed to compensate them for cowriting and appearing on tracks on her 2003 album "La Bella Mafia." Anthony Jeffries and Vincent Hart, both 23 years old, filed a legal lawsuit Monday in New York State Supreme Court claiming the rapper whose real name is Kimberly Jones to break a deal to pay them $15,000 each for contributing vocals to "The Beehive."
In the complaint the two men mentioned the rapper gave nothing for their work, except a piece of jewelry she said was worth $10,000, which she then demanded back "under a threat of physical violence." Moreover, the accusers said Lil' Kim also hired them at $400 per show and made more than 30 appearances at her concerts but were only paid for one. The suit, to add, also asserted Lil' Kim for failing to pay an addition sum of $10,000 each plus royalties for cowriting three songs on the disc: "Hold It Now," "The Jump Off" and "Can You Hear Me Now."
Based on those accusations, Anthony and Vincent are seeking at least $100,000 in damages. Lil' Kim atorney, L. Londell McMillan, denied the allegations, accused the men of capitalizing on his client's notoriety stemming from her March conviction on charges of lying to a federal grand jury about a gunfight outside a Manhattan radio station. Whereas, the men's lawyer Kenneth Sussmane insisted it was true saying "a very large person came around to collect the pieces, and they gave them back."
More Lil' Kim News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns