Lil' Kim Sued for Failing to Pay Vocalists
Rapper Lil' Kim is facing a 20 years in prison after she's been sued by two singer-songwriters who claim she failed to compensate them for cowriting and appearing on tracks on her 2003 album "La Bella Mafia." Anthony Jeffries and Vincent Hart, both 23 years old, filed a legal lawsuit Monday in New York State Supreme Court claiming the rapper whose real name is Kimberly Jones to break a deal to pay them $15,000 each for contributing vocals to "The Beehive."
In the complaint the two men mentioned the rapper gave nothing for their work, except a piece of jewelry she said was worth $10,000, which she then demanded back "under a threat of physical violence." Moreover, the accusers said Lil' Kim also hired them at $400 per show and made more than 30 appearances at her concerts but were only paid for one. The suit, to add, also asserted Lil' Kim for failing to pay an addition sum of $10,000 each plus royalties for cowriting three songs on the disc: "Hold It Now," "The Jump Off" and "Can You Hear Me Now."
Based on those accusations, Anthony and Vincent are seeking at least $100,000 in damages. Lil' Kim atorney, L. Londell McMillan, denied the allegations, accused the men of capitalizing on his client's notoriety stemming from her March conviction on charges of lying to a federal grand jury about a gunfight outside a Manhattan radio station. Whereas, the men's lawyer Kenneth Sussmane insisted it was true saying "a very large person came around to collect the pieces, and they gave them back."
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years