Dave Matthews Band Settles Bus Waste Lawsuit
The Dave Matthews Band, responsible for dumping human waste from a tour bus onto the open deck of an architectural tour boat carrying more than 100 passengers touring the Chicago River, has made an agreement with Attorney General Lisa Madigan to end the case. By means of which, the band has agreed to pay $200,000 to an environmental fund and take measures to avoid a repeat of the incident by recording when and where its tour buses empty septic tanks.
The agreement does not settle several personal-injury lawsuits that also have been filed, since there were no reports that anyone developed infections or diseases. Yet, the band had already donated $50,000 to Friends of the Chicago River and $50,000 to the Chicago Park District.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young