Dave Matthews Band Settles Bus Waste Lawsuit
The Dave Matthews Band, responsible for dumping human waste from a tour bus onto the open deck of an architectural tour boat carrying more than 100 passengers touring the Chicago River, has made an agreement with Attorney General Lisa Madigan to end the case. By means of which, the band has agreed to pay $200,000 to an environmental fund and take measures to avoid a repeat of the incident by recording when and where its tour buses empty septic tanks.
The agreement does not settle several personal-injury lawsuits that also have been filed, since there were no reports that anyone developed infections or diseases. Yet, the band had already donated $50,000 to Friends of the Chicago River and $50,000 to the Chicago Park District.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame