August 24, 2016  

Beckhams Consider Legal Action Over Newspaper

April 25, 2005 (2:22 am) GMT
David Beckham and wife Victoria are considering legal action over a newspaper story about their marriage told by their former nanny, Abbie Gibson

David Beckham and wife Victoria have failed for a court order to forbid the News of the World tabloid from publishing allegations by their former nanny, Abbie Gibson, who has witnessed a series of rows between the couple. Gibson has actually had a contract included a promise not to speak about the couple's private lives. But the News of the World said a judge ruled in its favor on grounds that the story was in the public interest, so the story was published a few hours later in the tabloid.

Soon after the newspaper appeared Sunday morning, the Beckhams were consulting with their lawyers and considering to take legal action over the News of the World from publishing a story, which ran over seven pages, detailing about Danielle Heath, a beautician who had previously claimed to have had an affair with Beckham.

More David Beckham News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
  2. AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
  3. Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
  4. Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
  5. Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
  6. Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
  7. Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
  8. Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef