Garland's 'Wizard' Dress to be Auctioned
The dress worn by Judy Garland in the 1939 iconic film "Wizard of Oz," where she played Dorothy Gale, is set to be auctioned on April 26, 2005, in London, for financial support. The blue and white gingham dress is on display at Bonhams and Butterfields, and is estimated from $50,000 to $70,000.
The dress, which was custom made for Garland who was 17 in 1939, has a 27-inch waist and Garland's name on an inside hem label. Along with the dress, John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for "Revolution," and a Mick Jagger jacket will also be displayed at Bonhams in San Francisco in advance of the auction of rock, pop and film memorabilia.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'