Garland's 'Wizard' Dress to be Auctioned
The dress worn by Judy Garland in the 1939 iconic film "Wizard of Oz," where she played Dorothy Gale, is set to be auctioned on April 26, 2005, in London, for financial support. The blue and white gingham dress is on display at Bonhams and Butterfields, and is estimated from $50,000 to $70,000.
The dress, which was custom made for Garland who was 17 in 1939, has a 27-inch waist and Garland's name on an inside hem label. Along with the dress, John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for "Revolution," and a Mick Jagger jacket will also be displayed at Bonhams in San Francisco in advance of the auction of rock, pop and film memorabilia.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why