Parton's Smoky Mountain 20th Anniversary
Friday April 1, 2005, was a big day for Dolly Parton who at that day marked the 20th anniversary of her Smoky Mountain theme park by uttering goals of doubling attendance and investing $160 million into it over the next two decades. During an interview with The Associated Press the star said that the future will probably include a Dollywood resort hotel in Pigeon Forge, plus other additions and maybe even a Dollywood II or Dollywood III.
"We are just getting started, and are going to keep dreaming and continuing to grow and prove that we are one of the best theme parks in the whole wide world," Parton said on the opening ceremony. Moreover, as part of the celebration a 1982 interview was also played in which Parton told Barbara Walters she had a dream for a theme park in the Tennessee hills that would be "sort of a fantasy city ... a Smoky Mountain fairy land."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?