Applegate's Sweet Charity Reopened
Christina Applegate's "Sweet Charity" which recently been canceled due to the poor ticket sales, will reopen on Broadway this spring, two weeks late than its original schedule. The show producer Barry Weissler said Tuesday that he had re-hired Walter Bobbie's production, taken the sets out of storage, and prepared the show for an April 12 first preview and a May 4 opening.
The reopened show noted as one of only three musicals eligible for the Best Musical Revival Tony Award will perform its original headliner, Christina Applegate, who had gotten the OK from her doctors to return in mid-April to the role of dance hall hostess Charity Hope Valentine.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie