Jackie Chan Gets Professional Spirit Award
Actor Jackie Chan was handed a professional spirit award by "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" director Ang Lee at the 24th Hong Kong Film Awards ceremony held on Sunday March 27, 2005, which also listed the star son Jaycee who was a losing nominee for best newcomer. At the same event Stephen Chow's "Kung Fu Hustle" was named best film, while director Wong Kar-wai's romance "2046" got the top acting honors. The two films indeed captured 12 awards between them.
In addition to those, there were also Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi who won the lead acting awards for their roles in "2046," a follow-up to a story about an affair between a married woman and a man played by Leung. At the same occasion Chow also paid tribute to Bruce Lee, who was named Chinese Film's Bright Star of the Century and whose award was received by Lee's daughter, Shannon Lee Keasler.
More Jackie Chan News
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary