Jackie Chan Gets Professional Spirit Award
Actor Jackie Chan was handed a professional spirit award by "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" director Ang Lee at the 24th Hong Kong Film Awards ceremony held on Sunday March 27, 2005, which also listed the star son Jaycee who was a losing nominee for best newcomer. At the same event Stephen Chow's "Kung Fu Hustle" was named best film, while director Wong Kar-wai's romance "2046" got the top acting honors. The two films indeed captured 12 awards between them.
In addition to those, there were also Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi who won the lead acting awards for their roles in "2046," a follow-up to a story about an affair between a married woman and a man played by Leung. At the same occasion Chow also paid tribute to Bruce Lee, who was named Chinese Film's Bright Star of the Century and whose award was received by Lee's daughter, Shannon Lee Keasler.
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'