Swank Wins Oscar for Best Actress
The four Oscars won by Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby has given Swank one for the category of Best Actress. Playing the main role as a boxer in the film, she successfully defeated Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role other nominees, one of which was Annette Bening.
This is Swank second Oscar in five years, after she previously won her first in 2000 for her performance in the transgender movie "Boys Don't Cry." Such achievement automatically puts the 30-year-old actress in the elite ranks of previous double leading actress winners Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda and Jodie Foster.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7