Swank Wins Oscar for Best Actress
The four Oscars won by Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby has given Swank one for the category of Best Actress. Playing the main role as a boxer in the film, she successfully defeated Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role other nominees, one of which was Annette Bening.
This is Swank second Oscar in five years, after she previously won her first in 2000 for her performance in the transgender movie "Boys Don't Cry." Such achievement automatically puts the 30-year-old actress in the elite ranks of previous double leading actress winners Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda and Jodie Foster.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip