Swank Wins Oscar for Best Actress
The four Oscars won by Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby has given Swank one for the category of Best Actress. Playing the main role as a boxer in the film, she successfully defeated Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role other nominees, one of which was Annette Bening.
This is Swank second Oscar in five years, after she previously won her first in 2000 for her performance in the transgender movie "Boys Don't Cry." Such achievement automatically puts the 30-year-old actress in the elite ranks of previous double leading actress winners Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda and Jodie Foster.
More Hilary Swank News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory