Swank Wins Oscar for Best Actress
The four Oscars won by Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby has given Swank one for the category of Best Actress. Playing the main role as a boxer in the film, she successfully defeated Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role other nominees, one of which was Annette Bening.
This is Swank second Oscar in five years, after she previously won her first in 2000 for her performance in the transgender movie "Boys Don't Cry." Such achievement automatically puts the 30-year-old actress in the elite ranks of previous double leading actress winners Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda and Jodie Foster.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak