Swank Wins Oscar for Best Actress
The four Oscars won by Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby has given Swank one for the category of Best Actress. Playing the main role as a boxer in the film, she successfully defeated Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role other nominees, one of which was Annette Bening.
This is Swank second Oscar in five years, after she previously won her first in 2000 for her performance in the transgender movie "Boys Don't Cry." Such achievement automatically puts the 30-year-old actress in the elite ranks of previous double leading actress winners Elizabeth Taylor, Jane Fonda and Jodie Foster.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'