Will Smith's Drama Comedy "Hitch" Tops Box Office
Will Smith's romantic drama comedy, Hitch, in which he plays a matchmaker with love troubles of his own, has topped Box Office and debuted as the top movie with $43.1 million gross in its opening weekend happened to be valentine day. This success has led "Hitch" up above some other movies, like the horror flick "Boogeyman" with $10.8 million and road comedy "Are We There Yet?" with $8.5 million.
This achievement becomes the seventh time for Smith to be headlined a movie that has opened with at least $40 million, gives him an opening weekend average of $34 million, the best of any leading man. "Hitch", which costars Kevin James and Eva Mendes, has in fact worth Smith as somewhat king of action without any hesitation.
More Will Smith News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video